E. C. Morgan

A few views on writing, reading, literature and more specifically mystery fiction and my career.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Praise pours in

I felt a little weird about this post, because it really is tooting my own horn. However, a great deal of praise is being given to The Last Cowboy and Jessie, both of which were recently published. Part of this site is geared toward self-promotion, so I thought I'd share, in the event you've not read the stories...maybe these comments will get you over to the sites.

But first:
The Last Cowboy - www.shredofevidence.com
Jessie - www.acruelworld.com
Both are under the byline E.C. Morgan

FROM STEFANIE (via phone conversation)
Perhaps the highest compliment came from my friend Stefanie who told me, after reading The Last Cowboy, that she was amazed at how much I crammed into so few words. I do believe it was the tightest story I've ever written and I appreciated her comments very much.

FROM PHILL (via e-mail to me)
I read and enjoyed both. Both primaries rose above mere retribution and took on a defender role.

Interesting turn at the end of "Jessie"--using a predator's weakness as bait.

Life imitates fiction--I know you read the recent story about 3 guys who setup a fake female profile on MySpace to play a prank on one of their friends and they ended up hooking a 40-something year old man--strike that: male. A man would never engage in such behavior. I had already read your story before hearing about this on the national news.

FROM HANK (posted on A Cruel World's forum)
Very believeable story, with a nice little twist at the end. Well-written. And they did get what they deserved!

FROM ADELA (via e-mail to me and in reference to The Last Cowboy)
I loved it....it brought tears to my eyes.

FROM DEDRA (via e-mail)
Good job! Glad the writing's going well.

There were many others, including kind comments from five significant mystery authors...though the markets are low-paying or no-paying, comments such as these give me motivation to keep going.

In other related news, a new software program being developed for writers is going to be using The Last Cowboy as an example of good writing!!! I can't say much more at the moment, but in about three months, I'll share that information with everyone.

Thank you all for your support and for your kind comments!

1 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Steven said...

Consider this more praise. I just read the Jessie story. Not a word wasted. Very well done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home