E. C. Morgan

A few views on writing, reading, literature and more specifically mystery fiction and my career.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

An update

Well, here's what's going on right now in my writing world.

As most of you know, my story The Last Cowboy was published in Shred of Evidence. You can read it now at www.shredofevidence.com.

I'm awaiting the publication of Jessie, which will appear in the March issue of A Cruel World.

Two short stories, The Dohnut Shop and Duly Served, are making the rounds among magazines looking for a home. They are currently being considered by Alfred Hitchcock and Ellery Queen mystery magazines, respectively.

I've recently completed a new short story, a mystery of sorts, titled High Seas. It is based loosely on an actual incident that happened while I was in the Coast Guard, but of course has some twists that didn't happen when I was a Coastie. It is currently "cooling off" and in a few days I'll turn my attention to revising it.

At the moment, I'm playing with three short stories that are in some level of development.

On The Wings of Rescue is set in the immediate aftermath of Katrina and features a Coast Guard rescue swimmer, a little boy and a group of opportunists.

Voodoo Blood is a classic police procedural with a supernatural twist.

The Triplets is what I hope will be a humorous mystery in which Barnacle and Addison Carlysle are hired to protect -- you guessed it -- the virginity of The Triplets -- pop's newest teen sensations.

Of course, work on the novels continues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home