E. C. Morgan

A few views on writing, reading, literature and more specifically mystery fiction and my career.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Jessie is now published

The March issue of A Cruel World, www.acruelworld.com, is now up and contains my story "Jessie." To read the story, click on "issues" at the top and it will take you to the link.

They also have a forum, accessed via the links across the top. In that forum is a section to discuss the issue, and a section to discuss each author. I hope you'll take time to leave a comment or two.

Remember, the title of the magazine is A Cruel World.

WARNING ••• WARNING
This story is unlike any I've written. It deals graphically and directly with rape of a boy and his efforts to extract revenge. Some people will not enjoy this story -- heck, I was shocked at myself when I wrote it. That said, I believe it to be a powerful piece of fiction and am glad it found a home.

I used a graphic approach because I deplore child abuse in all its forms and I wanted the reader to feel, perhaps just a little, what it is like for a child to be sexually abused. Perhaps that will motivate someone to give to an anti-child abuse cause, or get involved in some other way. And of course, I wanted the child to win in the end -- and the story kept with a recurring theme -- doing an evil act for a good reason.

You have been warned.

Clay

1 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Christa M. Miller said...

That's why I wrote my story that's now up on Tribe's Flashing in the Gutters: I wanted people to think about domestic violence. Kudos to you for following through on your gut! It's not easy to mine your darkest fears for material that talks to other people.

"Jessie" was a good one. Nice little twist at the end.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home