E. C. Morgan

A few views on writing, reading, literature and more specifically mystery fiction and my career.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Doubts

Doubt is a writing killer.

Over the last couple of weeks, a few doubts began to slip into my brain in regards to my writing.

Is it really good enough? Can my novels find a home? Have I just rehashed the same old, same old, and really written nothing that is unique and creative and at least somewhat original?

Or, have the words dried up? Is there nothing left to give?

I don't remember who said it, but I once heard someone say "extraordinary people are just ordinary people with an extraordinary sense of determination."

I like that. Determination is the key.

Doubt is the creative buzz kill.

Determination kills doubt.

1 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger takinchances said...

Not to be cliche, but you can do it!!

And I completely believe in you. I mean, hello. You're my journalism mentor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home