E. C. Morgan

A few views on writing, reading, literature and more specifically mystery fiction and my career.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

A few goals

Over the last year, I've not really had any goals as far as writing production goes. I mean, I've had word count goals, but in terms of keeping XX number of stories circulation, I had none.

As a general rule, I've not worried too much about non-fiction and tried to keep 2-3 short stories out there.

I think I'm going to change that some.

As I write this, I have four short stories make the rounds. That is going to remain my absolute minimum for the entire year -- I'll always have at least four short stories circulating at any given time. Who knows, maybe I can send more?

I'm also going to set myself a goal of mailing out two non-fiction query letters weekly. Back when I was freelancing full-time, I sent out a minimum of one query letter a day. This kept plenty of magazine assignments rolling in. I don't need that level of work now, but it would be nice to do more non-fiction writing...and earn the cash that goes with it.

So there...no resolutions, but a couple of goals, at least for my shorter work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home