E. C. Morgan

A few views on writing, reading, literature and more specifically mystery fiction and my career.

Friday, December 28, 2007

Looking ahead

Took a little break from blogging to enjoy the Christmas holiday and am now back at it in full force.

What are you writing goals in 2008?

My writing goal is simple.

I will write 500,000 words of fiction in 2008 in any combination I damn well feel like. But I will record a half-million words. That is less than two thousand a day if you write five days a week.

In 2008, I will submit no less than 20 short stories for consideration to be published in magazines, webzines or anthologies. Five of these will be in genres other than mystery. Two will be a sub-genre of mystery I generally do not write.

I do have other goals sure to help my writing.

I want to read books by 10 authors I've never read before. Five of these cannot be mysteries. Three must be non-fiction.

I want to make myself healthier. I think healthy people are more productive people. That means more words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home