E. C. Morgan

A few views on writing, reading, literature and more specifically mystery fiction and my career.

Monday, September 10, 2007

I'll be grouchy a minute

Recently, I was "taken to task" for a grammatical error in a post on another forum for mystery writers. I think someone even corrected one of my posts on here, once.

Here's the deal.

When I write this blog, it is very much free flow. Raw writing. I generally don't edit it and I often write it late at night. For me, it is as much an abridged diary as it is a self-promotional tool. Therefore, there may be the odd word with bad spelling, syntax or grammatical errors.

I save as much perfection as I can muster for the newspapers and for fiction I submit for publication.

This is a blog. My blog. It is not designed to showcase my writing. Nor is it designed to be a self-promotional tool. Rather, it is a place for me to record my thoughts, and keep what few people who read it informed of what I'm doing.

Grammatical errors?

Deal with it. Or don't read the blog. Or fuck off and die.

Pick one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home