E. C. Morgan

A few views on writing, reading, literature and more specifically mystery fiction and my career.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

One thing I love...

There are many questions out there that would cause a raised eyebrow at best, and a call for straight jackets in the extreme. Unless you are a writer.

This evening, I called up a friend. You see, I had some questions about a plot I'm putting together for a story. The friend in question has a psychology degree and still has her books -- especially the ones concerning abnormal psychology.

What was odd was my questioning about self-mutilation, its relationship to suicide and other problems, didn't seem the least bit odd, which we laughed about.

I mean, if I weren't a writer, how else could I call someone and say, "Hey, tell me about self-mutilation."

I love this job!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home